Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Good Eats #2: Mango Caprese Salad



This is a refreshing update on the classic Ensalata Caprese -- sliced mozzarella and tomatoes dressed with olive oil and herbs.  I recommend enjoying this with a loaf of crusty Italian or French bread and a small glass of chilled white wine.  (For those who don't imbibe alcohol, lemonade or a low-sugar fruit juice would also go nicely.)


Ingredients:
1 mango (peeled, stoned and sliced)
1 handful basil and/or mint leaves
1 fresh mozzarella, sliced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

Directions:
1. Arrange salad and dress with balsamic vinaigrette.

1 comment:

  1. Um..let us gather today, whereby you bring the mango caprese, and I'll bring the Mexican salad from my recent blog post..and we shall have a small delicious libation and indulge in fresh flavor..oh my..I am hungry!

    Looks so great!

    ReplyDelete