Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Where I've Been

For the last week I've been helping "Brian" (name changed) get settled in to the command here in Georgia.  This basically means that we run all over base in 98-degree weather (in uniform, no less!) trying to find people to get him checked in where he needs to be.  We've ended up with a lot of in-between time standing around and waiting to talk to people, so I've gotten to know quite a bit about him.  I've learned that he's a bright, funny kid who has had to grow up entirely too fast.  A twenty-year-old should not have to go to court to see his daughter, but that's the situation he's in right now.  I am saddened that he has to go through this, but even more I am bewildered and disgusted that anyone, much less a mother, would use a child as leverage to get what they want.  I will never understand that.

I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries by talking about him here, but I wanted to ask everyone to please pray for him - not just that his pain would be healed, but that he would feel God healing him.

All of this reminds me that as much as I complain about my situation, I am still unbelievably blessed.


1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying! :-) glad to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete